- Hot Flushes cause you to overheat in an instant! You may begin to sweat, become red in the face and feel really uncomfortable.
- Night sweats are essentially hot flushes that occur at night. You might find yourself waking up drenched in sweat.
- Irregular periods have to do with you reaching the end of your reproductive years. Overtime, your menstrual cycle will slow and ultimately completely stop.
- Mood swings occur because of your bouncing hormones! Moods can have a huge impact on your day to day. They may be just as bad or even worse than those you experienced in the lead up to having periods.
- Vaginal Dryness is common because of your estrogen levels dropping. This hormone is responsible for natural lubrication down there. It’s important to get help with dryness as it can have a huge impact on your sex life.
- Low Libido because your sex drive is largely controlled by estrogen and testosterone. Both of these fall as you progress through menopause which can lead to a real loss of interest in sex.
- Headaches due to your unpredictable hormone levels. Headaches are not a common symptom, however. You’re probably more likely to get them if you used to get headaches before your periods.
- Breast Soreness is common following changes in your hormone levels. Similarly to your breasts feeling sore before or during your period or when you are pregnant, it can also happen during menopause.
- Burning mouth is felt due to a lack of saliva. Your mouth, tongue and inner cheeks may begin to feel uncomfortably hot.
- Joint pain and feelings of aches and pains in your joints. More than you’ve had before. Joint pain can have a huge impact on your quality of life, and is more common than often thought.
- Digestive problems are often felt following drastic changes in your body, such as menopause. Your stomach may begin to feel upset or uncomfortable.
- Electric shock sensations through out your body. These are common following the drastic hormonal changes during menopause and can happen at any time. They are, however, often felt right before a hot flush.
- Muscle tension and a feeling of tightness in your body. This could be due to changes in your hormone levels or added stress you may feel during menopause.
- Gum problems accompanied by a metallic taste in your mouth.
- Tingling extremities will usually occur in your hands, feet, arms or legs.
- Itchy skin is commonly experienced following a decrease in estrogen. This causes your skin to become dry, rough and itchy.
- Fatigue and extreme tiredness is often felt during menopause. This may due to disturbed sleep, added stress or the impact of other symptoms.
- Unexplained anxiety and feelings of unease. This is due to your bouncing hormone levels and their effects on your emotions. Many women say they feel nervous, but can not explain why.
- Disrupted sleep is commonly driven by other symptoms, such as night sweats and anxiety.
- Hair loss and thinning of your hair. This is often accelerated during menopause.
- Memory lapses and temporary feelings of confusion.
- Difficulty concentrating, also known as brain fog. A feeling like you have cotton wool in your brain. Many women experience this during their menopause and it can easily be confused for something more serious like dementia.
- Weight gain or bloating can be caused by changes in your hormone levels. Fat is also more likely to start building around your mid-section, as lower estrogen levels changes the way we store far in our bodies.
- Dizzy spells and difficulty balancing.
- Bloating is a good hint that your menopause is coming. This is often one of the first symptoms experienced.
- Stress incontinence due to this unfamiliar transition and the uncomfortable changes happening within your body.
- Brittle nails which may appear drier and lighter.
- Allergies may become more prevalent during menopause. Your hormones are closely linked with your immune system.
- Irregular heartbeat, such as heart palpitations, due to changes in your hormone levels.
- Body odour and the amount you sweat may increase during menopause. We know its strange, but changes in your hormone levels may alter you natural scent.
- Irritability and overall changes in your emotions are driven by bouncing hormones.
- Depression and low mood. You may feel unmotivated and uncharacteristically sad.
- Panic disorder and feelings of anxiety or unease.
- Osteoporosis risk increases during menopause. You may have trouble balancing or feel more fragile than before.
Menopausal symptoms range with each individual woman. Here at Adonia Med Spa we offer several treatment options for all women and their unique situations.
BioTE is bio-identical hormonal therapy which virtually all women can see a benefit once they realize we offer treatment designed specifically for their individual needs. Of course, there are exceptions and how we have an option to address certain symptoms of menopause.
ALVR Auto Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation addresses the vaginal skin and associated symptoms with using medication or topical treatments.
CONTINUE READING for ALVR information
We are excited to offer Auto Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation (ALVR) therapy for feminine health.
A great way to improve vaginal health is through CO2 fractional laser therapy. Adonia Med Spa offers an auto laser vaginal rejuvenation (ALVR) handpiece for vaginal rejuvenation treatments. This device enables automatic rotation of the vaginal treatment probe, which delivers consistent laser energy to the tissues in your vaginal walls. Your body reacts to treatments by boosting collagen production, which thickens your vaginal tissues and restores proper vaginal moisture.
Symptoms of Vaginal Atrophy
What are the benefits of auto laser vaginal rejuvenation (ALVR)?
Treatments require no advance preparation and no lengthy recovery time. There is minimal discomfort, and many women report no discomfort at all during or after sessions. You should refrain from sex for a few days to allow your body time to heal, but no other downtime is required. It may take multiple sessions to achieve the best possible results.
Who is a viable candidate?
Essentially any woman experiencing frustrating feminine health issues is a viable candidate and can have the treatment done in minutes. The Bella Donna CO2 technology, in addition to the ALVR handpiece, delivers life changing treatments for women.
How do I prepare for the treatment?
How the ALVR Handpiece Works